Role: Play in Pink Administrator
Reporting to: Operations Manager, National Breast Cancer Research Institute
Location: Hybrid role with regular on-site work in National Breast Cancer Research Unit, University Hospital, Galway
Background to NBCRI
The National Breast Cancer Research Institute (NBCRI) is a national charity that funds a comprehensive breast cancer research programme at the University of Galway. The Play in Pink is a fun golf fundraising competition run in multiple golf clubs across Ireland. It is the key fundraising campaign for the NBCRI and is instrumental in funding the work of the organisation which is based at the Lambe Institute at the University of Galway.
The NBCRI are seeking to recruit a part-time administrator who will assist in the running and organisation of this very valuable competition across all hosting Golf Clubs. The Administrator will be the key contact between the Golf Clubs and the Play in Pink Committee. The role will support the Committee, and work under the direction of the NBCRI Operations Manager.
• Coordinate communications from NBCRI to Golf Clubs across Ireland. This will include competition details, prizes, thank you letters, annual newsletter etc.
• Update Golf Ireland on Play in Pink activities during the competition season.
• Update Irish Golfer Magazine and any other media outlets to promote the Play in Pink campaign.
• Maintain and update the list of clubs registered for Play in Pink, along with the details of their event (dates, time, format etc.) and donations received.
• Order and distribute the branding, signage and prizes to each participating club.
• Prepare data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the NBCRI Board.
• Attend and coordinate meetings with the Play in Pink Fundraising Team.
• Assist in the running of ad hoc projects relating to the fundraising committee affiliated
to NBCRI, under the direction of the Operations Manager.
• Regularly update the Play in Pink Social Media pages with event information, event
photos and fundraising updates (Social Media training will be provided if required)
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Experience & Knowledge:
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom and Outlook)
• Experience working in similar administrator or coordinator roles
• Comfortable using and posting on social media pages (training will be provided)
• A good knowledge of golf is required.
Competencies & Attributes:
• Strong communicator with excellent English written and verbal skills
• Skilled at prioritising and multi-tasking, with strong attention to detail
• Energetic self-starter who takes initiative and strives for excellence
• Full clean driving licence and access to own car.
• The contract for the post will be a 2-year fixed-term contract.
• Part-time (21 hours per week). Working hours will be agreed with the successful candidate and can be flexible.
• Salary: €18,000 per annum for this part-time role.
• Annual leave of 12 days per annum plus bank holidays
• Some work outside of normal office occurs will occur. Time off in lieu will be offered.
• Hybrid working arrangements will be available in line with the charity’s Hybrid.
• Normal vouched business expenses incurred in the performance of the role in line with
the charity’s Expenses policy will be reimbursed.
• To apply for this role, candidates are invited to send a CV and cover letter stating how they meet the above requirements to [email protected]