Role: Play in Pink Administrator
Reporting to: Operations Manager, National Breast Cancer Research Institute
Location: Hybrid role with regular on-site work in National Breast Cancer Research Unit, University Hospital, Galway
The National Breast Cancer Research Institute (NBCRI) is a national charity that funds a
comprehensive breast cancer research programme at the University of Galway. The role is to become a
core member of an ambitious and energetic team.
Play in Pink is a Golf Fundraiser that has been run by the NBCRI since 2014. The Play in Pink
Administrator will be the key contact between the Golf Clubs and the Charity and will liaise
closely with the Play in Pink Fundraising Team. The Play in Pink Administrator will support the
Fundraising Team, and work under the direction of the NBCRI Operations Manager.
The Play in Pink fundraising campaign is invaluable to the breast cancer research programme and is
instrumental in giving hope to so many patients and families by funding near-patient, impactful
research in our translational research facility at the Lambe Institute at the University of Galway.
• Coordinate all communications from NBCRI to Golf Clubs all over the country.
• Issue communications in a timely manner in relation to competition details, prizes, thank you
letters, annual newsletter etc.
• Liaise with Golf Ireland on a regular basis on updates relating to the Play in Pink campaign,
along with any communication that is required to be issued to all clubs.
• Liaise with Irish Golfer Magazine and any other media outlets to promote the Play in Pink
• Maintain and update the list of clubs registered for Play in Pink, along with the details of their event (dates, time, format etc.) and donations received.
• Order the branding, signage and prizes required for each participating club.
• Manage the storage and distribution of prize packs to each participating Golf Club.
• Prepare data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the NBCRI Board.
• Attend and coordinate meetings with the Play in Pink Fundraising Team.
• Assist in the running of ad hoc projects relating to the fundraising committee affiliated to NBCRI, under the direction of the Operations Manager.
• Support the Chairperson of the Board and /or the Charity in an administrative capacity as
required and appropriate to the role.
• Regularly update the Play in Pink Social Media pages with event information, event photos and
• Liaising the consultants and marketing agencies on behalf of Play in Pink to manage any required
• Administer the Play in Pink photo competition
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Experience & Knowledge:
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom and
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in similar administrator or coordinator roles or clear evidence of transferable experience.
• Comfortable using and posting on social media pages
• A knowledge of golf is required
Competencies & Attributes:
• Strong communicator with excellent English written and verbal skills
• Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders relating to the NBCRI activities
• Skilled at prioritising and multi-tasking, with strong attention to detail
• Support the needs of the organisation and the ethos of the Charity
• Professional and energetic self-starter who takes initiative and strives for excellence
• Background and/or experience in a charitable organisation is desirable
• Full clean driving licence and access to own car
• The contract for the post will be a 2-year fixed-term contract.
• Part-time (21 hours per week). Given the nature of the role, flexibility is required as the Play in Pink Days run from April to October. As such, the role will require more time during the summer months and less during the Winter months – details to be agreed upon with the successful candidate prior to appointment.
• Salary: €18,000 per annum for this part-time role.
• Annual leave of 12 days per annum plus bank holidays
• Some work outside of normal office occurs will occur. Time off in lieu will be oﬀered – to be taken as work responsibilities allow, as agreed with the Operations Manager.
• Hybrid working arrangements will be available in line with the charity’s Hybrid Working Policy
• Normal vouched business expenses incurred in the performance of the role in line with the charity’s Expenses policy will be reimbursed.
To apply for this role, candidates are invited to send a CV and cover letter stating how they meet the above requirements by 14ᵗʰ October to: firstname.lastname@example.org