October is breast cancer awareness month and the National Breast Cancer Research Institute are asking everyone to consider holding a virtual or socially distanced fundraising event with friends, family or workmates in aid of the charity during the course of the month. A walking or cycling challenge, host an online concert or quiz it’s up to you.
Did You Know
• 1 in 9 Irish women will develop breast cancer during their lifetime.
• More than 3,200 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed each year in Ireland.
• Breast Cancer can affect anyone – irrespective of age, lifestyle and gender.
• Woman are most commonly diagnosed after the age 50.
• Approximately 16 men will develop breast cancer each year in Ireland.